currently, we are evaluating an ETL Process Migration from BW 3.1 to the BW 7.0's new features.
1. Trying to create a Transformation for Hierarchies (for which InfoObjekt seems to be irrelevant) evokes Errors:
<i>Initial error occurred during generation of the transformation Message no. RSTRAN667 </i>
2. Trying to create a DataTransferProcess also brings up issues:
- "Hierarchy" is not offered within the "Subtype of Object" Pulldown list in the "Creation of Data Transfer Process"...
- In the Context Menu for the Hierarchy Info Source, "Create Data Transfer Process" is not even offered...
- Is this a "bug or a feature"...? 😉
- Generally, can Hierarchies not be part of DTPs?
- If not, how else?
- Or do I first have to migrate the corresponding Data Source?
Thank you very much even in advance,