Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

ORA-1403 error acessing table SAPUSER during install

in ERP 2005 installation, I get an ORA-1403 error in my last import step (there are 37 of them - all but one succeeded). It's trying to import the SAPVIEW step and gives the below output in the log. IT suggests the SAPVIEW.TSK file is corrupt, but I renamed it and ran the step again where it then created a new SAPVIEW.TSK file and still gives the error. I've checked the OPS$<user> and insured it's the only one in the SAPUSER table per note 400241. Any other ideas?

/usr/sap/RD6/SYS/exe/run/R3load: START OF LOG: 20060725085716

/usr/sap/RD6/SYS/exe/run/R3load: sccsid @(#) $Id: //bas/700_REL/src/R3ld/R3load/R3ldmain.c#6 $ SAP

/usr/sap/RD6/SYS/exe/run/R3load: version R7.00/V1.4 [UNICODE]

Compiled Apr 1 2006 03:18:31

/usr/sap/RD6/SYS/exe/run/R3load -i SAPVIEW.cmd -dbcodepage 4102 -l SAPVIEW.log -stop_on_error

DbSl Trace: ORA-1403 when accessing table SAPUSER

(DB) INFO: connected to DB

(DB) INFO: DbSlControl(DBSL_CMD_NLS_CHARACTERSET_GET): UTF8

(TSK) ERROR: file /oracle/MD2/sapdata2/put_MD2/RD6inst/SAPVIEW.TSK.bck already seems to exist

a previous run may not have been finished cleanly

file /oracle/MD2/sapdata2/put_MD2/RD6inst/SAPVIEW.TSK possibly corrupted

/usr/sap/RD6/SYS/exe/run/R3load: job finished with 1 error(s)

/usr/sap/RD6/SYS/exe/run/R3load: END OF LOG: 20060725085716

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 14, 2006 at 12:54 AM

    Hi,

    Did u manager to find the fix, I'm facing the same problem.

    Rgds

    Felix

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 14, 2006 at 01:27 PM

    My problem ended up being my network client timing out. I'm doing this with a UNIX X-Window client on my PC. During the import phase I was leaving my computer at the end of the day while this long phase was running. With no activity on my PC client, our network was timing my UNIX session out, so the install was aborting since the client was being dropped. My solution was to run the UNIX Xclock in a seperate window (/usr/. This basically created some network activity between my PC and the host indefinitely. When I started the install over and left it run overnight, it was all good when I came in the next morning.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.