Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

DI API Documents object: Browser Property not working (SBO 2005 To Sp1 PL8)

Hi All

After Updating SBO 2005 To Sp1 PL8

this Code not Work :

  Dim oRecordSet As SAPbobsCOM.Recordset
    Dim Document As SAPbobsCOM.Documents
    Set oRecordSet = oCompany.GetBusinessObject(BoRecordset)
    Set Document = oCompany.GetBusinessObject(oOrders)
    oRecordSet.DoQuery ("SELECT * FROM ORDR")
    
'// asigning (linking) the Recordset object
'// to the Browser.Recordset property

    If Not oRecordSet.EOF Then

        Document.Browser.Recordset = oRecordSet
        
    '// Enabling the buttons
       
    
    '// setting the Returned Results
        MsgBox "CardCode = " & Document.CardCode & " CardName  = " & Document.CardName
  
    
    Else
        MsgBox ("No record found."), vbInformation
     
    
    End If

note :

If The Project Reference DI API 2004

work Fine !!

note 2 :

SQL TRACE

Prior Upgrading sbo 2005 SP 00 , PL4 :

declare @P1 int
set @P1=5
exec sp_prepare @P1 output, NULL, N'SELECT ORDR.* FROM ORDR  FOR BROWSE ', 1
select @P1
go
exec sp_unprepare 5
go
declare @P1 int
set @P1=6
exec sp_prepexec @P1 output, NULL, N'SELECT ORDR.* , [ORDR].DocEntry AS ''kEY_DocEntry'' FROM ORDR  FOR BROWSE '
select @P1
go
exec sp_unprepare 6
go
SELECT T0.*  FROM [dbo].[CHEN] T0 ORDER BY T0.Component,T0.ID
go
SELECT T0.*  FROM [dbo].[ORDR] T0 WHERE T0.DocEntry = 1            
go
SELECT T0.*  FROM [dbo].[RDR1] T0 WHERE T0.DocEntry = 1            
go
SELECT T0.*  FROM [dbo].[RDR2] T0 WHERE T0.DocEntry = 1            
go
SELECT T0.*  FROM [dbo].[RDR3] T0 WHERE T0.DocEntry = 1            
go
SELECT T0.*  FROM [dbo].[RDR5] T0 WHERE T0.AbsEntry = 1            
go
SELECT T0.*  FROM [dbo].[RDR12] T0 WHERE T0.DocEntry = N'1          

SQL TRACE

Afetr Upgrading sbo 2005 SP 1 , PL8 :

declare @P1 int
set @P1=3
exec sp_prepare @P1 output, NULL, N'SELECT ORDR.* FROM ORDR  FOR BROWSE ', 1
select @P1
go
exec sp_unprepare 3
go
declare @P1 int
set @P1=4
exec sp_prepexec @P1 output, NULL, N'SELECT ORDR.* , [ORDR].DocEntry AS ''kEY_DocEntry'' FROM ORDR  FOR BROWSE '
select @P1
go
exec sp_unprepare 4
go
exec sp_executesql N'SELECT T0.*  FROM [dbo].[ORDR] T0 WHERE T0.DocEntry = @P1  ', N'@P1 int', 1
go
SELECT T0.*  FROM [dbo].[CHEN] T0 ORDER BY T0.Component,T0.ID
go

-


Please Help Me

Michele Fiorantino

Message was edited by: Frank Moebius

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Jul 12, 2006 at 12:14 PM

    Hi Michele,

    I have also a problem with the Browser of the documents, I have tried with oOrders and oInvoices and the browser contains the correct number of documents but when you try to obtain the values everything is empty. Are you having the same problem??

    If you use the recordset you can read the values without problem, is only when using the browser.

    Please create a CSN message for support and let us know the answer.

    Regards

    Trinidad.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hy Martinez

      > Hi Michele,

      >

      > I have also a problem with the Browser of the

      > documents, I have tried with oOrders and oInvoices

      > and the browser contains the correct number of

      > documents but when you try to obtain the values

      > everything is empty. Are you having the same

      > problem??

      YES !!!

      😔

      Regards

      Michele Fiorantino

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 03, 2006 at 11:05 AM

    I too encountered this problem. (in PL07 with orders)

    I entered a message in the support center, you can find it under number 0000792626

    Regards,

    Ivo Vink

    Alpha One BV

    The Netherlands

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Sep 26, 2006 at 11:17 AM

    Hi Michele,

    Do you know if thi is rectified by PL09???

    Thanks a lot,

    Cyril

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Cyril,

      It seems that this is planned to fix in the October patch (i.e. end-of-October).

      I.e. the new "upgrader" which is planned to be published this Friday as Patch 10 + the Patch wih the latest fixes (Pacth 11) which is planned to be published on Friday too will unfortunately <u>not</u> yet fix this issue.

      Please note that the regression is connected to efforts to enhance the DI functionality further:

      Beneath the surface the Document objects have been moved to new base components to allow further enhancements - like removing open lines in open orders etc.

      I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused on your end!

      Thanks,

      Frank

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.