This post´s goal is to clarify what SAP says about database manipulation. I think it is not clear yet, as you can see (there will be more for sure).
So i can guess there are 3 possible answer about database manipulation issues, Forbidden, allowed and recommended (For certification).
The topics that come to my mind are:
In SBO database:
- Creating tables using SQL statement (non SBO).
- Creating Stored Procedures.
- Creating Functions
- Creating Views
- Creating Triggers against SBO tables
- Creating Triggers against non SBO tables
- Making Select statemens (from any SP, function or view)
- Making inserts/updates/delete statements against SBO tables.
- Making inserts/updates/delete statements against SBO user tables.
- Making inserts/updates/delete statements against non SBO tables.
In another database:
- Creating Stored Procedures that get data from SBO.
- Creating Stored Procedures that change data in SBO.
- Creating Functions against SBO data.
- Creating Views against SBO data.
I hope Frank can clarify all this and the ones from other people.
Some of them are clear in the previous posts, but I´m looking for a full information post. If we make it complete, perhaps I could create a weblog with the information.