Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

values given in PDF not getting set in the context.


I have created an interface with an importing parameter of type String. I've created a form with the same interface.

I've kept that parameter (Name) as an input parameter. Also, I've kept a submit button which the user shall press on entering the name.

I've embedded the form in the WD view using the Interactive form element.

If i set the value in the context attribute which is bound to the form, i am able to see the values in the PDF. But the values which i am entering in the PDF are not getting set in the context.

I have installed ADS in my server and so i have the reader rights. The program FP_PDF_TEST_00 works fine.

Can you help me out in this regard?


Praveen Kumar

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 01, 2006 at 04:24 AM

    Hi Praveen,

    Please follow this solution:

    Please switch on logging for the following location to "info":



    How to use Visual Administrator is described within note 742674. Then look for "createPDFDocumentForUIElement" in the trace file (usually defaultTrace). This trace statement will show the XML data that is provided to the Adobe Document Services. It is possible to copy this part and to save it with extension "xml" (e.g. file.xml) to the local file system. Then it can be display with a browser or XML editor.

    - If it does not contain the values that are missing during an initial request, the application is definitely responsible for the problem.

    - If it does contain the values, please double check whether the binding expressions in the XFA template (file with extension xdp) fits to the XML data.

    If both statements have been checked, then it is an issue for CSN/OSS component BC-WD-JAV. Otherwise the application is responsible.

    Thanks & Regards,


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded