- Database: Oracle 19
- Platform: .NET 4.7
- Development: VS2022
- Reporting: Crystal Reports SDK
- Read: Troubleshooting the Error; Load Report Failed
- Problem Description: At running the Error in Event log ( "strDB is unknown" is a symptom of the serverId session variable being lost. What caused the session to be lost is the big question.) is displayed after a random amount of time – sometimes 30 mins, sometimes 2 hours. After about 20-30 mins wait, report execution resumes.
Jun 21 – Offshore Testing (VM)
- Tester 1 for 1.5-2 hours – no issues
- Tester 2 for about 30 mins – no issues
- 3 Testers – issues after about 30 mins
Detail data in event points to Line 17: rpt.Load(reportFile, OpenReportMethod.OpenReportByTempCopy);
I'm suspecting that the Crystal SDK is encountering issues when loading the report. Whether another process has the file locked, or some other reason. There are 2 "OpenMethod" options. OpenReportByDefault or OpenReportByTempCopy. I was using the default load method. I changed to use the OpenReportByTempCopy. I suspect that this option will load the file as a copy and use it and by the nature of how it opens, it will use a copy of the report and not "lock" the main file. However the issue still occurs intermitantly.