I am not sure I understood the right structure to use for my plant, concerning the plant maintenance.
Currently, a functional location contains the following equipment: Motor, reductor, pump. I would like to assign the spare parts of the pump, which have been standardized in SAP PM as material (gasket, seals...).
In the plant, I have several pumps of the same model, with the same spare parts. In SAP PM I have also standardized the complete pump as spare part material.
What is the right way to structure this?
1) Should the pump be in SAP as a material or equipment or maintenance assembly (and should I have different SAP equipment/material for two identical pump in different functional location ?) ?
2) Should I make a material or equipment BOM ?
3) Should I use the material construction type? And so which material/material type do I have to use/create for this ?
4) Should I have the BOM assigned directly or indirectly?
5) How should I put the material corresponding to the complete pump in this structure?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Don't hesitate for further explanation.