we are in a project to convert our ERP 6.0 EHP 8 to an S4H (2021) system. We currently try to convert our first sandbox without having gone through all SIs in order to gain first knowledge with the conversion process and the like
That being said, we experience the following situation when hitting the SPDD phase (being in a shadow system, obviously)
- We have tables, where we directly inserted custom (Z) fields
- SAP suggests / proposes to move that fields into an append as an action in SPDD
- If we chose so, the system would ask about a Package (it already exists, e.g. Z_MM), but then asks for a lokal transport request
My questions are
- Is it ok to create such appends when already in SPDD phase or would we be (much) better off if we dealt with that before the conversion in the ERP system already?
- If it is ok to deal with that in SPDD or in case we missed something and an SPDD entry like that will pop up in the next sandbox or in the development system: Is it explainable why the system wanted an local transport request when we tried to create the append in (say) package "Z_MM". That package was there before, obviously. Granted, I did not look at the package myself and it might easily have to do with the kind of system copy we've done to create the unconverted sandbox in the first place and this would not hit us in development system, but I wanted to touch base for this anyways, to gather some insights
- If a local transport request is to be expected, how to make sure that the then moved custom fields in the new custom append also being transported into the next system (when time comes and we are on development system). Is there a best practice for such operations?
Kind regards and many thanks