Skip to Content
0

Error in WDA when started through browser, not in SAP Workbench

Feb 21, 2017 at 12:09 PM

31

avatar image

Hey,

I'm creating a WebDynpro Application which should reset the password of a user.

When I start it in the SAP Workbench to test the application it works fine.

But when I start it in the browser it opens as it should but when I push the button for the new password it shows an error while the password creation.

Problem is I don't know how to debug this issue. An external breakpoint didn't work, only while started in SAP but there everything works fine so I don't need to debug here.

Does anybody got an idea why the application fails when started through the browser (outside SAP) and how I can debug this issue?

Thanks for any hints!

Regards

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

2 Answers

Dominic Überall Feb 21, 2017 at 12:47 PM
0

Ok I managed to debug this stuff. Problem is that I generate a password for the user but at the FM "BAPI_USER_CHANGE" only <protected_content> arrives. So the FM can't user the password.

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Dominic Überall Feb 21, 2017 at 02:22 PM
0

I debugged it with an endless loop and the TA SM51.

After I managed to debug the WDA I found out that the used system user wasn't authorized to change the password.

When starting the WDA from the SAP Workbench my system user was used to change the password and it worked but through the browser the user couldn't do it. I fixed this issue with a RFC Call.

Sorry for posting... I thought it's a more difficult issue to solve.

Regards!

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded