this has been asked to some extend multiple time but AFAIK not being answered thoroughly, so here we go:
- We have a Fiori Launchpad based on FES 6.0
- We offer ERP and HCM applications
- In ERP we have say Languages EN, DE, FR, PL
- In HCM we have EN, DE, FR
- In FES we have EN, DE, FR, PL, ZH, ...
Now if a user with a Polish browser language the following happens
- Launchpad is in Polish (thats fine)
- ERP apps are in Polish and function without problems (thats fine)
- HCM apps are in error (/IWFND/CM_BEC/029 RFC Logon Language is not installed)
I now about note https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/0002427633 and extension spot /IWFND/ES_MGW_DEST_FINDER however, while that would help get rid of the error, it does not solve the issue. There is then a mixup between the apps baked in labels (being shown in PL) and texts fetched from the backend (then being fetched for example in EN).
Ideally I would love to see the following happen
- The app somehow knows about the backend available languages (in HCM EN, DE, FR). Ideally automatically (I mean c'mon it is a complete SAP software stack from SAPUI via FES to HCM backend) but if not possible I can specify the supported languages per app
- The app knows the user's language and the available backend languages. If all matches, fine, if not it uses a fallback language available in the backend system throughout the whole app including I18n labels / text from the UI5 layer, not just the backend data. In my example PL is not available in HCM, so fallback will be EN
- Ideally I would not like to "fix" the user's language through means of "global to the launchpad" parameters like URL parameter sap-language=EN because for that Polish user it would force him to open ERP apps in EN even if ERP will support PL
Now I could not get to the desired state. Is my desired state possible to achieve? If so how?
Many thanks and kind regards
BTW: Installing all languges in all backend systems is not feasible to to limited resources / manpower