We have a below project undertaken and need your help in understanding the best approach/best practice to be followed for the same:
- Application A - runs on BO version 4.2 SP 07, has 200 active users, consist of WEBI and AFO reports based on bex queries only.
- Application B - runs on BO version 4.1 SP 10, has 2 users, around 200 Webi reports based on one universe.
We are migrating contents of application B into application A and need to understand what should be the best migration approach here.
- How should we handle the default users? Should we migrate those users as well -like (Administrator/Guest/SmAdmin)?
1. We are planning to migrate the reports/universes/users/groups through online CMC Promotion mgmt. approach.
While doing so, is there any order in which we should migrate the contents and should we have the dependencies marked or promote without dependencies.
2. Both application A and application B has common default users like Guest/SMAdmin/Administrator - Should we only migrate its personal folder content and not these users?
3. How to we verify post migration all the contents of app b is migrated to app A.?
4. Can we define multiple directory for destination 'File system' for o/p of scheduling reports.
5. Any other best practices to keep in mind?