we are planning to integrate a third party (on premise) system that provides a REST API over PI (PO) to BW/4
- Message flow will be synchronous: BW/4 (???) --> PI --> 3rd Party (REST)
- Data flow will be 3rd Party --> PI --> BW/4
So BW/4 is basically querying the 3rd Party.
Normally my approach for that would be designing the interface on PI, create an ABAP proxy on SAP Backend (here BW/4) and execute that ABAP consumer proxy just as I see fit for the respective task at hand.
Now I know that there is something called aDSO in BW/4. According to your all "crowd wisdom"...
- Is aDSO a good thing to use in such a scenario? (not sure every PI-head will have an answer for that, but that is why the community has tags, right?)
- Is my approach with an ABAP consumer proxy still valid? If not, are there better alternatives
- If I end up in ABAP and using aDSO: Will I then use the API like here https://help.sap.com/viewer/107a6e8a38b74ede94c833ca3b7b6f51/2.0.1/en-US/72e16c936fb94cffb71ce90edd5f8f8e.html to fill them?
Many thanks and Cheers