While we migrated IdM from 7.2 to 8.0, we had all our scheme put into single package. And now our package is monstrously huge, and every transportation can cause many troubles. And almost impossible to work more than one developer.
We would like to divide existing production scheme into packages and we would like to know:
- What is the best strategy for dividing packages? Maybe there is some checklist?
- Should every single repository type and it's provisioining come to separate package?
- Should be there any "Main" or "Master" package?
- How to correctly deal with different packages which are sharing same "global" scripts and constants? should there be a separate package for all scripts and constants to make them not overlap or be forgotten?
- Will dividing provide some benefits or we should stick to our existing working scheme
- How hard is it actually to split one package into several without messing up?
Right now we are aiming to following concept:
- Provisioning core package
- UI tasks package
- Regular jobs package
- Package for massive data loads with external data
- Email notifications package
- Every repository type separate package
Which gives us a total of 15-16 packages. Is it too much(few)?
Please share your experience.
Thanks in advance.