Skip to Content
R V

Passcode prompt - Iphone Mobile service client

Hi,

I am using Mobile Services client in the Iphone (10X) to deploy an app using MDK. Due to some reasons, the Mobile Services Client is prompting for a passcode though it was correctly entered. I rebooted the phone and couldn't see any difference. When I uninstalled and installed the mobile app, the prompt disappears. However, if I test after making a change in SAP business application Studio, the issues repeat :-( I deselected 'remember me' option in the phone app and it doesn't help.

I searched this forum and couldn't find any one is experiencing similar issues. Please let me know if you resolved the passcode issue in Mobile Services client.

Thank You!

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

5 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Sep 02 at 06:03 AM

    You can disable the passcode from Mobile Services cockpit > app info > Mobile Settings Exchange feature > uncheck Enable Passcode policy

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Sep 02 at 02:12 AM

    What version of MDK are you using. This was a known issue but is much better in the latest MDK 4.3.1 version currently available. Also, are you building your own client or using the App Store version?

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • I use the App store version 4.3.1 and deployed the MDK project in SAP Business Application Studio. Since I use the PC, I used this approach. Is there a way to deactivate the passcode function?

      Thank You!

  • Posted on Sep 02 at 03:46 PM

    Thanks, I used Cloud Platform Mobile service Trial to deactivate this option.

    Path Native/Hybrid --- Application ID --- Mobile Settings Exchange under Features --- uncheck Passcode Policy.

    However, after deactivating, I noticed another issue with Iphone App EULA screen! I couldn't agree with it and sign in......

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Sep 02 at 09:11 PM

    Yup, it is working after complete deletion and reinstallation of the app. Two issues resolved :-) Thank You!

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Sep 02 at 10:42 PM

    I think you may need to look at the Apple Mobile Service App bit more closely. I have to uninstall the app whenever scanning the change in MDK. I had 'remember me' reactivated when this issue occurred. However, not sure if it is the only reason.

    Thank You!

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.