I'm currently running into an issue where the Sybase transaction log's used space is not completely free after a transaction log backup or a trunc of the log.
No matter what the used_pages remain in the syslog. The following did not help;
* dump transaction <SID> with no_log
* dump transaction <SID> with truncate_only
* multiple stop/start of the database
* putting the database in truncate mode
* putting the database in normal mode and perform a full and transaction log backup
The version used is 16.0 SP03 PL08 with BW running on top. And yes, I'm well aware of the fact that truncating is not an option for SAP. This is a temporary solution during the build phase.
Anybody an idea what might be causing this?