Skip to Content

Data integration - Error during data request "Server error: Deformed URI literal syntax"

Dear community,

two of our business users get the above mentioned error message during their attempt to upload key figure data via data integration app. Unfortunately we can't reproduce the issue on all clients in order to address it to SAP directly.

What did we check so far?

  • Browser types and versions (there is no indication that the browser type or the specific version is causing this issue. Different users with the same browser (version) have been able to successfully perform the upload)
  • File format (The same file w/o any changes can be uploaded by other users incl. myself)
  • File path and length (Different users have been able to upload the same file from the same network path / drive)
  • Browser cache refresh and restart (did not change the behaviour in case of an error)
  • The error message seems to be issued before any protocol or system message gets captured. At least we weren't able to find any logfile.

Did anyone else face this particular message and knows the reason for it?

Thanks, Peter

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Aug 06, 2020 at 03:12 PM

    Hi all,


    I forgot to provide some feedback for this particular error message. We found out that this error occurs in case the job name is longer than a specific number of characters. In our case the job name contained 50 characters which actually led to the described behaviour. The issue is reproducible and therefore we opened an SAP message.

    SAP's support team is currently working on it, either limiting already the max. number of chars at the selection screen or at least issuing a slightly more detailed error message for the end user.

    I hope this helps in case someone faces the same issue.

    Best regards, Peter

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Aug 05, 2020 at 07:28 PM

    Hi Peter,

    Never saw this specific error on the IBP Data Integration app before...from below stackoverflow thread, it looks like some SAP UI5 issue:

    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47167220/sapui5-malformed-uri-literal-syntax-in-key

    But it is odd that it happens just for a few users...

    Additionally things you could try:

    => Also clear the browser COOKIES, as you have already attempted to clear the cache with no change

    => Try the same integration job via a Chrome INCOGNITO window on the user affected machine to really confirm if it is browser content related or not.

    Cheers,

    Ivan

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.