Skip to Content

Synch SOAP Receiver - Fault message - wrong response branch used

I implemented at SAP PI 7.50 a synchron integrated configuration from ERP Proxy via SOAP Receiver and back.

I can send the request and get back a response successfully. But when a fault message is sent back for the partner, this messages uses the response branch and not the fault branch at the operation mapping.

How decides the SOAP process/Operation Mapping if the response or the fault branch is used? Is it by means of the message content?

At the SOAP receiver I activated the parameter "do not use SOAP envelope", because if it is not activated, I don't get the whole fault message with SOAP envelope. I removed this envelope for the response message in the first mapping step.

I created an xsd analog to the partner fault message:

This is the response of the operation mapping

And this the fault

Thanks for all support and tipps


Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Posted on Jul 27, 2020 at 12:05 AM

    Hi Sandra,

    The fault message use is by content and if the response does not have fault header then it will trigger the response mapping. Please check the below blog on the process



    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jul 27, 2020 at 10:54 AM

    Hi Harish,

    Thanks a lot for your answer.

    Did I understand you correctly. Because this response has no header, the response branch is used instead of the fault branch?

    I created a fault message as xsd. And created in ESR an external definition from xsd.

    Afterwards I tried to add this fault definition into a wsdl analog to the ErrorSalida element.
    But it didn't work.

    <xs:import namespace="https://www3.xxxxx/comun/Fault.xsd" schemaLocation="../../comun/Fault.xsd"/>

    Then I tried to set flt:Fault. But it didn't work too. The fault external definition can't be created at ESR.

    Thanks a lot for any tipp.

    Best regards Sandra

    0r5g4.png (8.9 kB)
    hw9dc.png (20.6 kB)
    l3pnk.png (21.8 kB)
    op7pl.png (26.6 kB)
    kbqsc.png (21.2 kB)
    epj9z.png (11.7 kB)
    30y92.png (24.0 kB)
    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jul 27, 2020 at 11:06 AM

    Hi Sandra,

    When we change the XSD and refer one definition reference to another then it needs to follow a certain pattern. For simplicity, you can make the target namespace the same and try to reload the XSD.

    Also, refer the below blog



    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.