I have created a table with an 'ID' column and it automatically creates a sequence name "_SYS_SEQUENCE_4231595_#0_#"'.
I know if you delete and reload the data from the table, the sequence won't reset. I am trying to reset the sequence after data is deleted from the table in the procedure.
1. CREATE COLUMN TABLE "ABC" ( ID BIGINT PRIMARY KEY generated by default as IDENTITY,
2. That's created a sequence "_SYS_SEQUENCE_4231595_#0_#".
3. Delete data from the Table 'ABC'.
4. RESTART the sequence with the syntax:
ALTER SEQUENCE "SCHEMA"."_SYS_SEQUENCE_4231595_#0_#" RESTART WITH 1; But it's throwing below error.
Could not execute 'ALTER SEQUENCE "_SYS_SEQUENCE_4231595_#0_#" RESTART WITH 1' SAP DBTech JDBC: : invalid identifier: _sys_ prefix not allowed: _SYS_SEQUENCE_4231595_#0_#: line 1 col 16 (at pos 15)
5. I am able to reset the sequence which is created from the flow graph(generate serial key) option.
ALTER SEQUENCE "SCHEMA"."EQUFG" RESTART WITH 1;
Would anyone please tell me what I am missing, also I need to use the Restart statement in the procedure later.
I am using the HANA 1.0 Sp12.