Skip to Content

Message long text translation containing variables with SE63

Hello all,

in ERP, I have created a long text for a T100 message looking like this:

&CAUSE&
Das Material wurde mit Kataloggruppe &1 gepflegt. Die Gemeinkostengruppe
muss entsprechend auf &2 gepflegt werden.
&SYSTEM_RESPONSE&
Kein Abspeichern des Materials möglich.
&WHAT_TO_DO&
Verwenden Sie die richtige Gemeinkostengruppe.

Now, I translated this to English using SE63. I am not able to keep the variable escape sign & in the right way. It always transforms to "\&1" in the html view or "<(>&<)>" in the sapscript editor.

Even if I change "<(>&<)>" to "& amp ; 1" in the sapscript editor, it will be transformed again on saving.

How can I overtake the variables used in the orig language to the destination language?

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Jul 14, 2020 at 07:00 AM

    I could resolve the problem. What I didn't know, is that variables of the message have to be escaped in a different way than in the short text. You have to use

    The message variable is &V1&

    instead of

    The message variable is &1

    Following this, the text can be translated without problems. The variables simply do not appear in the html editor.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jul 10, 2020 at 10:52 PM

    Have you tried the old school sapscript line editor. I have experienced the exact same problem. I followed these steps

    1. Copy and paste your current text into notepad and remove any special characters. Ensure your line is no more than 72 characters.

    2. Change your editor to sapscript line editor. Paste the contents into it.

    Give it a shot and drop a note here.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jul 13, 2020 at 10:51 PM

    1) put the text in notepad. Remove any special characters you see you. Format the text exactly the way you want to see it.

    2) goto SO10 transaction. create a new text.

    Once you are inside, from the menu

    GoTo -> Change Editor

    copy / paste into SO10 and save it.

    3) From sapscript editor copy to clipboard

    4) Paste it in SE63

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jul 14, 2020 at 06:46 AM

    Have you tried to logon in English and perform the changes?

    I had similar issues in the past, where logging in with same language helped me to perform the necessary text change. This 'solution' has some restrictions, as of course the language needs to be an available logon language, and also, it most likely cannot be performed on a DDIC object that has an original language and that is other than the one you want to maintain the translation for.

    If this 'solution' doesnt help your problem, I might try to recreate your issue and see if I can find an 'easy' fix.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.