my company is migrating to SAP Business One and I need to start understanding how to interact with SAP with DI API.
First I saw that the preferred languages to do this were C# and VB and that there was a Java connector (which I would like to use):
- Can the connection be made with other languages? If yes, which ones and how?
- Is there any difference between using C# and Java, is there anything possible with one that would not be possible with the other?
What is the normal development environment like for developers when they want to develop?
- Do they have to have an SAP client installed on their machines to develop?
- If not, how do you set up the development environment to use DI API?
- Is .jar sufficient outside the SAP client to make the connection?
Thank you for your reading and your answers