We have a DB2 database engine that supports our SAP application.
We have seen that the storage layer that is being used by the database files is not optimal:
- We use 1 filesystem to host our 16 TB database.
- On that filesystem are 6 subdirectories that host a container per subdirectory per tablespace (34)
- That 1 filesystem consist of 84 pv in one vg that also differ in size
We like to move our tables towards new tablespaces that are created on top of a new storage layout:
- Have 8 filesystems to host the DB
- Each filesystem hosts a container of the tablespaces (34+)
- Each filesystem is backed by 8 PV within their vg
What is the best way to handle this migration? Can it be done using DB6CONV?