Skip to Content

Error while loading service Log Viewer

After the successful installation of the actual sneak preview i have a problem to have alook on the logs using the standalone viewer or the visual administrator build in logviewer.

I get the following error message:

Error while loading service Log Viewer

com.sapmarkets.bam.util.BAMRuntimeException: Unable to invoke LogControllerFacadeMBean method: "getMetaDataOfReaders".

In the logfile of the stand alone viewer i found the hint that a file is missing called ColumnCustomizer.ser - maybe this could cause the above mentioned problem!?!?!?

Any ideas?

Nils

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    May 15, 2006 at 01:42 PM

    I'm getting the same error as this guy. Anyone have any ideas?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 27, 2006 at 03:57 AM

    hi - I resolved this same error by configuring the service.ini file in the logviewer-standalone directory to point to the correct java root path and logviewer root path

    cheers john

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jul 13, 2006 at 01:54 PM

    Hi there,

    I get the same error and tried John's solution. I changed the service.ini and inserted the correct values.

    Unfortunately, I still got the error when starting the Log Viewer.

    Now I checked the JARs, that are included by the property Service_0_JavaParameters in service.ini and I realized that 2 JARs were not present in the lib directory:

    ./lib/saplogvjmx.jar

    ./lib/jstartup.jar

    And there are others, that ARE present in this directory but are not included in the Service_0_JavaParameters.

    So I searched the C:/usr/sap directory and found jstartup.jar which I copied into the lib directory.

    Additionally, I completed the classpath in Service_0_JavaParameters property by adding all JARs that are located in lib.

    I still get the error and think this has sth. to do with the saplogvjmx.jar that I could not found.

    Could someone with a running Log Viewer tell me what to do please?

    Many thanks!

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hello Everyone.

      I'm having this same problem. And setting the JAVA_HOME environment variable did not help. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? This happens when I try to use the StandAlone LogViewer directly on my machine (client) when I run it in the server it works perfectly.

      The standalone LogViewer actually connects to the server machine and I can see the whole tree structure where the log files are located, but the exception occurs whenever I try to read any of the log files. It's really time consuming to have to make a remote desktop connection to the server everytime I need to see the log.

      Thanks in advance.

      I also have another question related to error managing. I see here in SDN that people post their entire stack trace when they have errors or uncaught exceptions in their application. However, when I check the system logs on the visual administrator I can only see the name of the exception that was thrown but I can never see the stack, or the class where it got thrown. How do you guys get to see the entire stack and the throwing classes?

      I hope my question didnt get too long. If this should be started as a new thread, please let me know and I will do so.

      Thanks a lot for your time.

      Francisco.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 08, 2006 at 12:09 AM

    The java JRE or SDK version should be 1.4.2 and the JAVA_HOME environment should be set to the correct path.

    The viewer will not work with jre1.5.0.

    Ilan

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Very thanks!

      Works for me too! I have installed [Java 1.4.2.17|http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html] and changed the JAVA_CMD environment variable in logviewer.bat:

      @if DEFINED JAVA_HOME (
        set JAVA_CMD="%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java"
      ) else (
        echo WARNING Environment variable JAVA_HOME not set, try to launch java from current PATH
        set JAVA_CMD=java
      )
      set JAVA_CMD="C:\Archivos de programa\Java\j2re1.4.2_17\bin\java"