I'm assigned with the task to set up guidlines for how to handle closed plants and deleting relevant master data.
As per my understanding we have to:
1. Make sure there are no stock available (MB52)
2. Check valuated stock (MB5L)
3. Check stock in transit (MB5T)
4. Set *Do Not Use* as plant name (OX10)
5. Delete Plant assignment to Purch.Org (OX17)
6. Delete Plant assignment to Sales Org (OVX6)
7. Remove QTY/Value update via Mat.Type (OMS2)
Once these steps are done we can start to set deletion flags on relevant master data/records such as
1. Material on Storage Location Level
2. Material on Plant Level
3. Purchasing Info Records
Also, I guess we will have to set *do not use* or remove the storage locations as well?
After this has been done we can delete the records and set up archiving jobs?
Is there already best practices for these activities, since I assume that I have missed some steps in the process?!