Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when utilizing an external jar/zip

When I add an external class path to my WebDynPro project deploy and run the application everything works fine until i construct an object from the external class. The error I recieve is [java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError]. I'm using SP15 in the IDE as well as the server. I've tried rebuilding, removed the classpath and added it back again.

Also, the code is executed in the initialize() method inside a view. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chiedu

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Posted on Apr 10, 2006 at 08:15 PM

    Hey Chiedu,

    In your WebDynpro Configuration (for running and debugging), go to the Source tab.

    Uncheck the user default source lookup path.

    Then click the "Add External JARS" button and add your external jar.

    Then deploy and re run/debug your application.

    Happy Debugging

    Sumit.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Sumit,

      I unchecked the default path and added the external jar and even a zip of the same file also and I'm still getting the same outcome after the program is comipled, deployed and run until i call that needed external class.

      Here is the error:

      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: MonkeyBoyGraph

      at com.aiiweave.wd.mobile.exec.PartnerGraphs.onPlugfromPartnerView(PartnerGraphs.java:190)

      at com.aiiweave.wd.mobile.exec.wdp.InternalPartnerGraphs.wdInvokeEventHandler(InternalPartnerGraphs.java:184)

      at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.invokeEventHandler(DelegatingView.java:87)

      at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.navigate(ClientApplication.java:837)

      at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.WebDynproMainTask.handleActionEvent(WebDynproMainTask.java:359)

      at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.WebDynproMainTask.execute(WebDynproMainTask.java:649)

      at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:59)

      at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientManager.doProcessing(ClientManager.java:248)

      at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doWebDynproProcessing(DispatcherServlet.java:154)

      at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:116)

      at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doPost(DispatcherServlet.java:55)

      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)

      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

      at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:390)

      at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:264)

      at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:347)

      at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:325)

      at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:887)

      at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:241)

      at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

      at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:148)

      at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

      at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

      at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

      at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

      at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Apr 11, 2006 at 12:09 AM

    Problem solved. I placed the external jar and or zip class files into the lib folder within the project.

    Thanks for the suggestions.

    Chiedu

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 16, 2007 at 11:09 PM

    answered

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.