We are investigating a way of work that will allow us to keep the PowerDesigner glossary in sync with an externally maintained glossary.
Using Excel imports (named reference), we are able to achieve the following.
- -Importing renamed categories (not in category hierarchy)
- -Importing category hierarchies
- -Importing renamed category (in hierarchy and associated terms)
- -Importing terms linked to category hierarchy
- -Importing terms moved between category hierarchies
Items that does not seem to be supported
- -Importing renamed terms (duplicate term is created with same code)
- -Importing deleted categories (deleted items are not removed)
- -Importing deleted terms (deleted items are not removed)
Are this the best we should expect when basing our workflow on Excel imports?