Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

SAP IdM 8.0 Dispatcher Issue | Test indicates serious issue

Hi,

I am on Linux with a Sysbase DB and its a test system.

I am not able to connect to my database via dispatcher.

When I run the "test" parameter I get this.

This indicates that dispatcher   - has been previously stopped abruptly  - or other dispatcher with same name is already runningPlease verify this condition - it may have serious impact on whole IDM environment.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Do I have to change the value on the database? I have lost the link, but I have read that the last state of the connection is saved on the db (tablename got lost).

Isnt there any other way? I would not like to find myself in a situation like this when this could be my productive system.

Thanks a lot

Sven

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 17, 2017 at 08:57 AM

    Hi All,

    thanks everyboy, but the database was not configured correctly (log area to small; I have since then expanded the log area and since it is test installation, allowed to overwrite the logs).

    I have got another, new error, but that will be another thread.

    Regards

    Sven

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hey Sven,

      great you found the solution and shared it. Don't forget to mark your post as the correct answer to your question by hitting "Accept" in the menu underneath it. That way the question will be shown as answered and others will see your answer easier (it will appear at the top).

      .

      Regards,

      Steffi.

  • Feb 15, 2017 at 07:21 AM

    Hello Sven,

    I haven't worked on SAP IDM in Linux bit I also got the same issue several times on windows server.

    To fix this issue, I would recommend to

    • Check whether you are able to connect to SAP IDM database from the runtime server where you ran the dispatcher utility.

    If the connection is fine then please restart your server and then run the "Test Dispatcher" again.

    Regards,

    C Kumar

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 15, 2017 at 09:30 AM

    Hi,

    if you thinking in terms of the network connectivity: yes, that is working. The database is waiting for connections on port 5000 and I can telnet from to other hosts (where I tried to set up the IDM runtime component) successfully to the core db host.

    I think I am stuck at what is described in Note "1950463 - Stop dispatcher in Unix environment". But the resolution does not fit my enviroment.

    It looks like that I would have to edit table "mc_dispatcher table for dispatcher" and change the value. But this can be no robust fix.

    And I had it working before and I am not sure where and why the dispatcher broke.

    I am probably going to throw my core db away and set up a new one.

    Regards

    Sven

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded