We are facing with the following business scenario on S/4 HANA 1809 system with embedded EWM system:
- The buyer creates a PO for qty 100 and date 29.08.
- Vendor Confirms that he can supply them for 30.08.
- Based on vendor confirmation, buyer creates vendor confirmations (LA) to match with the data received from the vendor, this is important from two aspects: vendor post evaluation process and this confirmation line is MRP relevant, thus MRP will calculates with 30.08 instead of 29.08!
The problematic pont:
Once the goods arrives at our warehouse, inbound delivery has to be created manually via VL31N and during the document creation ASN No. has to be added because the EWM system uses that number as a control point (mandatory).
The problem is when we create the inbound delivery via VL31N with reference to that PO. it automatically creates a new confirmation line (LA), which is not acceptable from MRP point of view as the planning quantity is duplicated.
We can't create the inbound delivery at the time of vendor confirmed the date 30.08. because the ASN No. is not known and once one create the inbound delivery it is automatically distributed to EWM and ASN can't be added/updated anymore.
We thought some crazy ideas but non of them sounds idealistic and they are just theoretical:
- Upon VL31N automatically creates the new confirmation, delete manually the original confirmation. This is not a good point neither from process point of view (because the manual steps) nor from vendor evaluation (confirmed qty and date vs. fact qty and date).
- Create the Inbound Delivery when the vendor confirms originally the qty and date, leave the ASN No. empty and block the inbound delivery distribution to EWM. When the truck arrives, enter the ASN No., allow the inbound delivery distribution and that's all. This does not sounds standard SAP - anyway, is it possible to block distribution to EWM until the ASN field is filled?
Do you have any suggestion how to proceed?
Thank you and Best Regards,