Does anyone know how to create MDX dimension formulas that are longer than 255 characters in SAP BPC 11.1 NW?
We know there is a standard process to define a LGF and use it through the options section of member formulas, but we are not able to create it. No errors. It just takes very long and never goes to completion.
Your expert help here will be much appreciated.
Below are the steps we followed to create the MDX dimension formula which is longer than 255 characters:
- Created Script Logic file with the definition of the customized function.
- The Script Logic file is saved with extension ".lgf”.Uploaded the Script Logic file with extension ".lgf” in the "root/webfolders/<ENVIRONMENT_NAME>/systemlibrary/logic library/" via T-code UJFS in the application server.
- Defined the option which links to the Script Logic file which we uploaded via Maintain Member Formula. The option is maintained the same name as the Script Logic file uploaded and without the file extension.
- Created the Member Formula to refer to the customized function defined in the Script Logic File.
- Finally tried to process the member formula, but NO LUCK!!
Can someone please help us resolve this issue. Also, it would be a great help if we get to know the reasons for this dimension/member formula not getting processed.