Skip to Content

SAP WEBI Locale and SAP Hana Text Joins

We are trying to set the language/spras properly to handle English and another language. The new language has been imported in many of the text tables, but we are finding that it seems that both the english text descriptions and the new language text description rows are being returned. We are using text joins. How do we pass the Locale/Language properly so that the English Locale will bring back the English rows, and the polish locale will bring in the Polish Language rows? It seems like it sometimes works OK with the English setting, but for Polish it also brings in English text. How does the SAP Hana know what locale WEBI is requesting so that the text join will work?

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • I have fixed your tags to better align with the question. Pleasew select more careful next time.

  • I have tested further, and I found that if I changed the preferred viewing locale that for some reason the session_context('LOCALE_SAP') value comes back as null for Polish (Poland). It seems to work as expected for English and German. session_context"LOCALE") returns pl_PL, but the LOCALE_SAP is blank or null. Is there some kind of initial config to set the LOCALE_SAP specifically for Polish? We only started using that new language about a month ago. I have made a calculation script that does a query on an attribute view that contains text joins. I have also tried adding $$language$$ as a filter.

    The join is to CSKT which contains SPRAS column that has mostly english entries with value 'E', and a few that contain 'L' for Polish. Oddly when LOCALE_SAP is showing as null/blank both polish and english rows show up for the Polish preferred viewing locale. Any idea what might be happening? Is there some table or setting we have to add for the new language?

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Oct 18, 2019 at 09:01 AM

    Hi,

    We have to check the preference setting in the launchpad

    Please find the screenshot below.

    Thanks,


    untitled1.png (14.8 kB)
    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Mar 27 at 09:21 AM

    Hi,

    Would you like to check this KBA?

    2360741 - Query language dependent TEXT result changed after HANA upgrade

    After setting the parameter, will the issue resolve?

    indexserver.ini
    
    [locale_mapping]
    
    "ignore_country_code" = yes
    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.