Skip to Content

Object activation taking too much time

Hello,

In our SAP instance (760 release) at work activation time is taking too much time. Around 10s for a Z program, if we need to activate more than 3 objets simultaneously it takes more than 30s to do so.

I tried debugging the activation, and from what I noticed the longest part of the treatment is done in the method :

cl_wb_crossref->select_index. In this method there is a selection done on wbcrossget that retrieves nothing, still, it takes a lot of time to load.

When I checked, this table contains more that 12 million entries.

I tried running SAPREUB et SAPREUC programs but it's taking forever, it treats respectively 500entry/h, and ~75 entry/h.

This note 2039618 talks about recompiling WBCROSSGET, but I don't know the impact of deleting the table first.

Did anyone encounter this problem ? Or knows how to solve it ?

Thank you very much,

Hicham

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Oct 23, 2019 at 09:25 AM

    Well, obviously no one had the answer or didn't bother.

    I managed to find a solution :

    • Run EU_INIT job
    • Refresh statistics of table WBCROSSGT in DB20

    That solved my problem.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.