Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Installation from the MaxDB unicode data base server

First a friendly Hello!

We are newcomers in the SAP-topics.

The following problem occured when installed a Solution Manager SR1 on a MAXDB 7.5 base we the first time .

The central instance of the Solution Manager as unicode version is running on a Ix86 hardware server with SLES 9 Linux.

On another Ix86 server with SLES 9 Linux we tried to get running the MAXDB-Database Instance also as Unicode.

First we have installed the RDBMS Build 28 as Unicode.

After we made accessible the needed DVD as copies on the system we started the sapinst from the kernel-installation DVD.

This process runs, after checking the needed system parameters, up to step 16 the starting of the tasks R3load.

27 tasks run sequentially with messages as : ( copied as example from /tmp/..../sapinst.log )

--->

< ## >

ERROR 2006-03-27 19:43:05 [iaxxbdbld.cpp:1001]

CR3ldStep::startR3ldProcesses lib=iamodload module=CR3ldStep

MSC-01015 Process finished with error(s), check log file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN32/WEBAS_ABAP_ADA_UC/DB/SAPAPPL2.lo.

<##>

Therafter sapinst_gui stops with the Options Retry/ View log / stop.

If we view the log-files, we found very many messages as :

<##>

(DB) INFO: connected to DB

Syslog: k xxx : rscpexcc 11

(rscpsumg) Please look also into "/tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN32/WEBAS_ABAP_ADA_UC/DB/SAPAPPL2001.xml".

Syslog: k CQ3 : UMGSETTING& rscpexcc 12

(DB) ERROR: DDL statement failed

(CREATE TABLE "/AMCTECH/CICTAD1" ( "MANDT" VARCHAR2(3) UNICODE DEFAULT '000' NOT NULL , "IDENTIFIER" VARCHAR2(100) UNICODE DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "CHANNEL_TYPE" VARCHAR2(2) UNICODE DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL ) NO FIXE D LENGTH COLUMN )

DbSlExecute: rc = 102

(SQL error -955)

error message returned by DbSl:

Duplicate name:/AMCTECH/CICTAD1

(DB) INFO: /AMCTECH/CICTAD1~0 created

(IMP) INFO: import of /AMCTECH/CICTAD1 completed (0 rows) #20060327162428

<##>

We do not understand why, because we have started on a fresh and clean system.

How can we proceed with the Installation now?

And now the most important question: What are we making wrong? 😉

kindly regards

/MJ

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Apr 11, 2006 at 02:22 PM

    Hi Marc,

    if you've not yet already done so, I would suggest you open an official message for your issue. I recommend to use queue BC-DB-SDB-INS.

    Please enter all relevant information in the message/call and optimally, open a Telnetconnection and mention the logoncredentials aswell.

    Kind regards,

    Roland

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Roland,

      we already solved the problem. It was just yesterday so that we have not yet been able to post the solution here. As a matter of fact, it was a combination of different errors like not mounting the DVDs correctly, a messed up MaxDB installtion and stuff like that. So really newbie errors.

      Thanks for your answer anyway.

      Greetings

      /Marc