Skip to Content

EEO-1, Component -2 Data

Hello Team, has anyone successfully used the EEO-1, component 2, pay data report from SAP and filed it with EEOC? the EEO-1, component 2, pay data report was recently released by SAP via note 2802761 (this is the main note, but there are several other related). We just implemented all the notes but finding several issues. First the program wouldnt run, it dumped out when running for large population. The code had to be fixed (via a note). Then, with the current functionality, the report has to be run wide open to get correct output. However when running wide-open it timesout (memory/performance issue). And we are noticing issues in the quality of the data in the output as well. So I was wondering if anyone has actually used the SAP output to upload to the EEOC website? Alternatively how are you otherwise managing the EEOC pay data filing? September 30th deadline is fast approaching, so its making me nervous.


Thanks for your response.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

6 Answers

  • Sep 18 at 06:55 PM

    We finally got it to run open for all our companies and personnel areas after applying additional Snotes 2838263, 2839249, 2824492, 2831912, 2834997. We get each individual entity report with all the component 2 data both the PDF and csv files, but no consolidated report. According to the website, we are supposed to submit a consolidated report.

    Teresa

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Sep 20 at 10:18 PM

    Hello Teresa Throop , thanks for your response. Glad to hear that the performance problem has been fixed. We didn't apply these additional notes as we thought it might be too much of a risk to take at the last moment. We were able to run wide open but had to increase the memory in multiples and plan our execution for its completion. But I still see incorrect classification of report types (statuscode); we are a multi-establishment unit, so we shouldnt see type 1 in the output but we do see for a few of our locations. We are leaning towards manually fixing the file and uploading to the site.

    And yes, SAP gives type 1, 3, 4,8 reports depending on the type of establishment. However the consolidated report (Type 2) is something EEO component 2 upload site will do - once you upload your data files, EEO site will consolidate everything together and generate Type 2 during the certification process (I have not completed that yet, but thats my assumption; I should be able to complete the process shortly and confirm).

    And you mentioned you were able to generate both PDF and csv files - are you able to generate PDF files when executing in the background mode?

    Chandra

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Sep 24 at 05:07 PM

    HR is having an issue with the report producing what they are expecting. They are just running it now for two personnel areas in the same company, but the two personnel areas have different reporting units on T001P. They are expecting the output to be split by reporting unit but it's not. We had a programmer look at the logic and it looks like it only splits if the company changes, not the reporting unit. Has anyone else had this issue? We are applying the 3 new notes that came out after 2802761 but the programmer says it doesn't look like it touches that code.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Sep 25 at 02:21 AM

    John Koch We did have few issues, something similar to yours - we had two personnel area/subarea mapped to two different reporting units but got pulled under one. We figured the issue related to the address sequence that were common for both resulting in same reporting unit text. We found only when EEO upload validation captured this. I'm not sure if something similar is going in your case, but worth checking it out (check table T5U0P, T5URU and T5UAD). Similarly we had issues relating to the report type -we are a multi-establishment org but for some reason, we continued to get reporting unit 1 (for some PA/PSA) on a random. We checked the reporting unit, HQ flag but this continued to happen and couldnt find a root cause. We fixed the issue in the file manually instead and uploaded to EEO.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Thanks for the reply. After applying the last 3 notes, it looks like the reporting unit issue is fixed so that they are not separated. I'll tell them about the issue you had with the report type that you had to manually fix in case they have the same issue with that.

  • Sep 26 at 08:00 PM

    One more thing we noticed was relating to the pay data. I believe it is pulling the YTD payroll data (W2, Box1), so if an earlier period is used for generating the report, it doesnt accurately take payroll data as of that date, rather the report is considering the YTD for the whole year. We used the last pay period of the year, so avoid reporting incorrect information.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Sep 26 at 08:24 PM

    FYI - few EEO related notes have been released today and yesterday- 2840295, 2843055, 2836078; I believe these fixes the single/multi-establishment related issue and few others. With just three business days to go to complete the filing, I'm surprised that we are still seeing notes to fix issues in the report.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded