Skip to Content

Fiori Elements: Chart on Object Page is not shown since SAPUI5 1.60

I've got the following problem with our Fiori Elements apps: After upgrading on premise from UI5 1.52 to 1.60, all Fiori Elements Apps containing a chart in the Object Page (List-Report Apps) stopped working properly. The behavior is as follows:

1. Start App -> List -> Select Entry -> Navigate to Object Page -> Render Chart correctly -> Navigate Back to List Page
2. Select another entry -> Navigate to Object Page -> No Chart is rendered anymore. Instead of I can find the following error message in the console.
Assertion failed: The length of the given section must be positive greater than 0.

I've tested our apps against different versions of UI5 and up to 1.58.x everything works fine. Starting from 1.60 the issue appears.

Can anybody help me out with some hints and knowledge what has changed from 1.60 and up? Thanks

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

6 Answers

  • Posted on Sep 20, 2019 at 07:18 AM

    Hi Christian,

    Did yo find a solution for this? facing the same.

    Thanks,

    Sakthi

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Sep 23, 2019 at 01:32 PM

    Hi Sakthi,

    sadly, no! I opened an OSS Message but the SAP Support is very slow....

    At this moment the apps can't be used and our development for those apps is on hold.

    Also, I did not find any documentation about these changes. Imho, if there are so strong changes inside the framework it should be a major change AND it should be well documented.

    As far as I know more I'll update this question.

    Best regards,

    Christian

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Oct 15, 2019 at 02:31 PM

    Hi,

    we are facing the same issue - is there any update on this?

    Best regards,
    Tobias

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Oct 16, 2019 at 05:29 AM

    Hi All,

    I'm very sorry there are no news or updates on this issue. Inbetween we're even thinking about leaving Fiori Elements behind us and rebuild our apps as custom fiori apps. This seems to be the solution to have the most control about our implementations...

    As soon as I've got news from the SAP Product Support I'll post my insights here :-). Inbetween I'll give the debugger a 2nd chance ;-)

    Best regards,
    Christian

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Oct 16, 2019 at 09:46 AM

    Hi Christian,

    I am not sure if a custom app solves the problem since we are running a custom app and have the same problems as you described with Fiori Elements.

    Best regards,
    Tobias

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Tobias,

      we have this behavior exclusivly in Fiori Elements apps since the upgrade to SAPUI5 1.60. Inbetween I did a rewrite of one of our DE apps as a custom app and it works like a charm (including smart controls e.g. SmartFilterbar, SmartTable, VariantManagement).

      Best regards,
      Christian

  • Posted on Oct 17, 2019 at 07:21 AM

    Hi Christian,

    After tracing the requests to the backend system we noticed that they included '$inlinecount'.

    Our service is developed in SEGW so we added this code to the end of the respective get_entityset method:

        IF io_tech_request_context->has_inlinecount( ) = abap_true.
          DESCRIBE TABLE et_entityset LINES es_response_context-inlinecount.
        ELSE.
          CLEAR es_response_context-inlinecount.
        ENDIF.

    This solved the graph rendering.

    Best Regards,

    Radovan

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hey Radovan,

      thanks for sharing your insights. I've implemented the inlinecount but without changes in the app behavior. After that I took a look into the app and noticed, that for the 1st navigation to the chart view two calls were sent to the backend. Starting with the 2nd navigation (select another Item in the master page) there is only one call to the backend. The 2nd one (for the chart itself) does not happen anymore.

      Inbetween we started leaving Fiori Elements for those apps. A rewrite that includes more features than our FE app took me less than a day.

      Best regards,

      Christian

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.