Skip to Content

Data disappears on change of select record criteria

I have a report I'm writing that connects to a SQL Server database and an excel spreadsheet. We'd previously done this report in Access, but found issues in that and determined that Crystal would be a better solution.

Here's my problem. I created the base report and then hooked it up to one particular customer's Excel sheet. I got data back -- then I realized I had created the report for the wrong customer. I created a new Excel connection, hooked everything up together, just as I had done previously.

I set the Select Record criteria to the new customer.

Before, I had gotten data back in the report. Now, with the new criteria, I see the company name listed in the Group window, along with a list of part numbers when I drill down into that data (Group 2 - Product ID). But there's nothing in the report. All I changed from the report standpoint was the company name, which is unique in the database. The spreadsheet is identical to the one I was connected to with customer #1, from a structural standpoint -- just different data.

If I can see the info in the Group table, doesn't that mean that the data is there? Why can't I see it?

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

0 Answers

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.