Skip to Content

Did the latest ADT 3.2.4 break the Eclipse debugger?

Since updating ADT to 3.2.4 my eclipse debugger no longer works. Breakpoints set in Eclipse are ignored, and manual debugging via "/h" or BREAK statements launches a SAPGUI debugger window. Has anyone updated to 3.2.4 (released in the last day or two), and if so could you please confirm if the debugger still works for you or if I broke something by other means?

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on May 21, 2019 at 12:44 PM

    Hi Mike, Christian,

    thanks for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience.

    I just installed ADT 3.2.4 on Eclipse 2019-03 (Java Developers version), according to https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#abap and the ADT debugger works fine for me, also with old backends.

    Therefore I would need your help on this one. Or at least more input. It would be perfect if you could create a customer incident (BC-DWB-AIE-TST, ask in the ticket to forward it directly to me and link this thread).

    In case ticket creation is not possible, you can also contact me via mail for this topic (address is the straightforward one, first.second). Maybe we could have a skype session.

    Best regards,
    Armin

    Edit: Could you please additionally try the following: Right click where you usually create breakpoints and choose "Refresh Breakpoint Activation". Please let me know whether this helps or not.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jun 19, 2019 at 08:34 AM

    Hi Mike,

    we identified a problematic flow in the ADT code that potentially causes debugger inconsistencies like the one you experienced. I cannot guarantee that this problematic flow was the root cause for your issue, since I have no reproducible case of your issue, but i think it probably was. Correction is planned for the next ADT release 3.4, which is planned to become available beginning of August (via update site probably on 01.08).

    Additionally we added a built-in repair for that kind of inconsistency and improved the error message ("System <SID> cannot be reached" was nonsense in that situation).

    Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting the issue.

    Best regards,
    Armin

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.