Skip to Content

How to remove schema names from IDT universe queries on HIVE database

Hello All,

We are facing an issue while deploying BO 4.2 objects across environments(DEV-UAT-PROD).

We have developed a universe on top of Apache Hadoop Hive dB, with tables used from 2 different schemas. Now the Business layer objects created are prefixed with the schema names like <schema.table.column> and so is the sql script.

After deployment of objects to UAT and editing the connection to UAT we were unable to generate the reports.

The issue is that the dB schema names are named differently across DEV-UAT-PROD. So the sql script generated in UAT still contains the schema names from DEV.

One option is to change the Table owner/qualifier manually before deployment which is not recommended.

I was thinking if in IDT is there any parameter that I can set to bypass the schema names in the sql script and therefore make it possible to generate reports with the same script in UAT?

If anyone has faced a similar situation and found a solution could you please suggest how to go forward.

Cheers

Shrovan

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • May 09 at 06:17 PM

    select "change Qualifier/Owner" then uncheck "Delimit"


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hello Ayman...thanks for replying back.

      I tried your solution. The sql script was generating fine without schema names but I got an error saying table not found when querying in IDT.

      I guess this is because we are using tables from multiple schemas/owners.

      We still didn't find a solution to deploy our objects to UAT.

      Cheers!

      capture.png (16.4 kB)