Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

DTW Error [OACT.Postable] Field cannot be updated (ODBC -1029)

Hi,

I want to change a number of GL accounts from Active Accounts to Title Accounts using DTW.

My template is simple. The first 5 rows look like this:

Code ActiveAccount
AcctCode Postable
101 N
102 N
103 N


I get the error message [OACT.Postable], Field cannot be updated (ODBC -1029) when I try to do the update via DTW.

I can change the accounts in SAP manually to Title accounts without error. For the accounts that I changed manually, when I run the DTW it works successfully for these codes only.

I have tried replacing 'N' with 'tNo' which results in the error 'Exception from HRESULT: 0xFFFFFC1765171'

I have removed all GL determinations and control account tags which may prevent an account being changed to title.

This is a blank database so no transactions have been posted.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Josh.


Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Mar 31, 2017 at 09:25 AM

    Hi All,

    This is currently a limitation of DI API and it has been registered as a future version candidate (FVC).

    Kind regards,

    ANKIT CHAUHAN

    SAP SME Support

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Feb 10, 2017 at 09:50 AM

    Hi,

    Please advice SAP version and PL.

    Regards,

    Nagarajan

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Feb 10, 2017 at 10:31 AM

    Hi

    I think you want to disable these accounts. Use the field Validfor.

    The field you want to use indicates if the account is a title or an account with journal entries. If the account has journal entries SBO does not allow to change.

    Kind regards

    Agustín

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Agustin,

      I don't want to disable the accounts, I want to turn them into title accounts.

      As per my original post, there are no transactions in the database so this is not the problem. I can change the accounts inside the client but get the error when I try to make the change via DTW.

      Thanks,
      Josh.

  • Mar 31, 2017 at 08:41 AM

    I have the same problem. This is also a blank database without any transaction posted, and I am not able to turn active accounts to title accounts.

    Happening with 9.2 PL06

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded