Skip to Content

XI Alerts not getting triggered

I configured a XI alerts using t-Code ALRTCATDEF and created a rule in the RWB using few container variabales. That was working fine that I was getting alerts in my alertInbox and also I was getting emails to my outlook like it was working as expected.

Then I was experimenting with adding all other container variables in the Alert Catogory also I changed the recepient list from the FIXED recepients then I don't see any more new alert messages in my AlertInbox and no emails in my outlook too.

I tried the program RSALERTDISP but it doesn't shows my new message

Can some shed light what I am missing here?

thanks in advance,

laxman

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 17, 2006 at 09:34 PM

    Hi Laxman,

    Where are u checking the alerts now ? In Alert Inbox ? If so it is assigned to some User Id right ? So you need to attach that user id in the ALRTCATDEF tcode. Then look into the Alert Inbox.

    So Give some user Id in the Fixed Recipients . and check in that user id in the RWB.

    And one morething you can check your alert using Report RSALERTTEST by giving defined Alert Category.

    Regards,

    Moorthy

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi laxman,

      I think if your on Sp13 , Alert Configuartion is asscoicated with end to end monitoring.

      Your end to end monitoring has to be activated for XI alerting.

      The report SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET has to be scheduled as a background job.

      Just check this blog for the same,

      /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

      Regards,

      Bhavesh

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 21, 2006 at 06:21 AM

    Hi Laxman,

    Please check the alert configuration you have done comparing it with what is given in the information provided below....please look at the information provided below in doing the same and see if it helps you solve your problem.

    From SP 14 on PMI-free alerting was introduced. That means before SP 14 one has to configure and activate the End-to-End Monitoring, and to schedule the report SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET in order to extract the alerts from the PMI data. For SP 14 and higher, that's not longer necessary.

    If no alerts are being delivered, please check if "Suppress multiple alerts of this rule" is checked for your rule.

    For SP 14 and higher you could also have a look at the report sxmsalert_logreader. This report shows some information about alerts being created or not.

    You'll find more information about trouble shooting the alerting in SAP Note 913858.

    Also just check if this batch program (RSALERTPROC) is running or not.

    The links below on Alert Management (ALM) will be of good help to you:

    Forwarding" target="_blank">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/567ddea69d3d4c93a6aedabd08899e/frameset.htm">Forwarding Alerts to Alert Management (ALM)

    Alert" target="_blank">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/81023cfa699508e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">Alert Management

    <a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step: Alerts - Step by step</a>

    <a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide: Alerts - Troubleshooting guide</a>

    Meanwhile look at these forum threads also:

    Alerts not getting triggered from Adapter Framework

    Alert Configs...

    Regards,

    abhy

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded