Skip to Content

Info objects activation accidentally led to issues

Hi Experts,

I did a terrible mistake that by mistakenly i have activated a info object in the Development ssystem which is being used in sevaral transfer rules and Cubes and ADSO's.Now the issue is i just activated the Info object but i didnt do any changes in the structur or settings how ever now i can see that one of the heirarchy attribute has been changed to a string which is a Char 60 before(I dint change this )now this is causing the issues in several places and leading it to the dump.

And we have some other master data attributes which are showing issue that they can be activated now.

Kindly help me how to resolve this issue without loosing any data.

Thanks in Advance,

Best regards,

Kiran

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

6 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Mar 14 at 08:12 AM

    Hi Kiranmai,

    In 740, the DDIC domain RSCHAVL became a string (CHAR60 before) to handle the new max length for the infoObjects value. Normally, all infoObjects should have been activated in post-upgrade phase to reflect this change. I guess this wasn't done in your case and you have to handle now the "side effects" of this activation.

    The impact is normally limited to specific ABAP that has to be corrected to support the string type.

    Regards,

    Frederic

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Frederic,

      Thank you somuch for the answer, Yes we did observed that this issue happened due to the update, However there are some ABAP programs which are ending in dump due to this.

      I did come across a note

      https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1879618 regarding this

      As you mentioned above apart from correcting the ABAP code, cant this be done through changing the setting in the Hierarchy table Node name? with this do we have a chance of losing the data?

      The activation has been done in Development system as of now, moreover the the confusing part is this activation dint get collected in any Transport request as it dint pop for a window to collect in TR when activated.

      I can see several dumps in ST22 but most of them refering to the same Report.

      Thanks and Best regards,

      Kiran

      i0hpn.png (35.1 kB)
  • Mar 14 at 10:34 AM

    Ideally Hierarchy tables will remain as 60 chars post upgrade but when you activate it for first time it will convert it to SSTRING 1333.

    See this wiki page for that details,

    https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/Tips+for+Note+1823174

    check this note if you are getting this sort of dumps, Else share the dump details,

    2123143 - CX_SY_DYNAMIC_OSQL_SEMANTICS in CL_RSR_HIERARCHY_BUFFER

    Hope it helps.

    Thanks,

    Bhavin

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Mar 15 at 07:09 AM

    You don't have to worry about the data. Just correct the syntax error and you will be fine.

    As for the transport order, it's curious. Is your InfoObject local ?

    Regards,

    Frederic

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Frederic,

      No,it's 0ORGUNIT.

      There are countless dumps in ST22, as I checked most of them are showing same include program in it.

      To rectify all of them would be hectic.

      Thanks and Best regards,

      Kiran

  • Mar 18 at 06:34 AM
    There are countless dumps in ST22, as I checked most of them are showing same include program in it.
    To rectify all of them would be hectic.

    If this is the same include, you only have one correction to do.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Mar 20 at 05:21 AM

    Hi Frederic,

    Thank you somuch for the answers,

    Yes we just did some changes related to NODENAME in the function modules and the generated programs(related to routines) by doing a where used list of the H table where we have the NODEMANE changed.

    Now After the changes in FM and programs i wanted to collect the Infoobject into the transport request again and activated it and this time also it dint pop up the window to collect it into a TR which i am still unaware why.

    However to test i activated some other Z infoobject which is being used as an attribute (which has only text table) this Z info object has been collected into a TR after i clicked on the Activate button , However it dint get activated and has shown a error message as below:

    Error R7B354 - "Characteristic XXX, version N: Cannot disable InfoProvider setting", However i dint do changes in the infoobject regarding the settings.

    Could you please let me know why we are getting this issue and what impact will it have.

    Thanks in advance,

    Best regards,

    Kiran

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Mar 20 at 11:08 AM

    Hi Kiranmai,

    • Go to SAP note: 2111579 - Automatic swapping of data element RSSHNODENAME(C60) with RSSHNODENAMESTR (SSTRING 1333) in hierarchy table which is available at https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2111579.
    • This OSS note suggested us to use the program Z_RESET_HTAB for modifying the length which cannot be altered manually as it is SAP standard field and table.
    • We followed below steps to resolve the issue:

    • Go to SE38 and execute the program – Z_RESET_HTAB.
    • Enter the characteristics name whose Hierarchy table field has to be modified and execute.
    • Go to SE14 and enter the table name - /BIO/HSALES_DIST. Press Edit.
    • Select the “Delete data” option and click on “Activate and Adjust database”.
    • Now, check the hierarchy table and you can see the length of the field will be modified to CHAR 60.
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded