Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

New ME workflow for CLFMAS02

Hello Experts,

I have been facing an issue with a new workflow I created that I was hoping to get some ideas from you.

The requirement is to push batch characteristics changes from ECC to ME using CLFMAS02 (class type 023) and update available inventory data details for the batch via MII through available web service. I'm currently working with ME 15.1.1.5 and here is what happens.

Current development and configuration:

- iDoc CLFMAS02 is being sent to ME just fine (we have other iDocs being processed with no problems)

- I've created Split workflow with message type CLFMAS02. XSLT file was created resulting on Z_CLFMAS02 with plant information and works fine.

- I've created Standard workflow for message type Z_CLFMAS02. XSLT file was created and works fine.

- MII service transaction was created and working to update the selected inventory ID with the receiving batch characteristics

Issue:

- When CLFMAS02 is received it goes into FAILED status with the following error message: No workflow defined for this message type.

Intial testing:

- If I Retry CLFMAS02 message on Queue Monitor it works fine, generating one Z_CLFMAS for each plant wich are also processed fine, updating correctly inventories we are looking for.

I did some research around it and I found the following scn post: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-69668

Further testing according to that nice post above:

- I've added a MII transaction to SAPMEINT_CustomerMessageDiscriminatorTxn where the output is the string CLFMAS02 when KLART=023 otherwise nothing is passed to the output.


It didn't work. I got the same results.


More testing:


- I've added a service transaction to the split workflow just to generate a log in MII. I was curious to see if the split workflow wasn't being called at all but it turns out it was. Even though on Queue Monitor it says No workflow defined for this message type, the service transaction was called when CLFMAS02 iDoc was received.


Then I did some more extra tests but just dead end.


I really appreciate your time to go over this long message.


Thank you!


Ricardo

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Posted on Sep 05, 2016 at 08:31 AM

    Hi,

    If I got it right, the bottom line is "the initial receipt of IDoc fails but Retry works". If so, then it looks like a bug, otherwise please describe the issue step by step.

    Regards,

    Sergiy

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.