Hi SCN Support,
please would you share this with your colleagues at SAP Support Portal.
Problem with HTTP Basic Authenication on SAP Support Portal
When I access content in the SAP Support Portal which links to content with urls for the old service.sap.com the HTTP Basic Authentication is not working
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1) Here's an example, logon to SAP Support Portal, go through the authentication mechanism and be logged in with your S User
2) Open this OSS Note (and it's only an example, I have many cases where this happens) https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2021789
3) When you have the OSS Note open, scroll down a bit and click on the link:
You are familiar with SAP HANA Revisions, SAP HANA Maintenance Revisions and SAP HANA Datacenter Service Points, as described in the SAP HANA Revision Strategy document available from https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001182742013
4) You will then get a new browser tab opening and be redirected into one of the old https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001182742013 type of urls you know what I mean with a visible Server Host name
5) You'll then get a HTTP Basis Authentication popup window
6) Try to enter your SAP Support Portal S User credentials into the HTTP Basis Authentication popup
7) For me, in both Chrome and IE, the HTTP Basis Authentication popup does not accept my S User credentials which work for the new SAP Support Portal
Please follow the steps and confirm if this is a general problem or just something I am doing wrong.
It is an inconvenience because there is a huge amount of content still using the old Hostname based urls and I cannot open any of that content
Looking forward to feedback.