Skip to Content

Channel used with System Accessor in Java Mapping - Cache ?

Hi all,

I am wondering about the behavior of channel changes. I have created a channel and for the start I used my user id / password for testing. All works fine. Now I have replaced the channel with a system user to work instead of my user, but it still takes my user, looks like the change of the channel is not taken into account at all, they SystemAccessor is using some cached information.

I am doing currently the tests in ESR from operational mapping.

Is there a way to refresh the cached channel?

Regards

Helmut

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

4 Answers

  • Posted on Aug 16, 2016 at 08:41 AM

    Hello Helmut,

    Just to cross-check that the CPA cache contains outdated version of the communication channel (with the wrong user), can you look into PIMON: Monitoring > Adapter Engine > Cache Monitor, find the communication channel in question, and check maintained user name there (on the tab 'Attributes')?

    If it truly contains invalid user name, I would suggest checking:

    1. In Integration Directory, menu Environment > Cache Status Overview. Check if there were any failures for that communication channel during cache notification step. If so, what are details of the error?
    2. Check default traces and logs to see if there were any errors reported by server nodes during updated communication channel content request and distribution across server nodes (you may want to filter trace / log entries by date and time of the channel activation in Integration Directory).

    Regards,

    Vadim

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Vadim,

      the attributes tab do show in the "Adapter Engine" perspective the correct value with the new user. Nevertheless, the "Mapping Runtime" does not have such detailed information, it is only a list of channels. I am assuming the Java mapping is picking up the Mapping Runtime Cache, doesn't it?

      Cache Status overview : all green! Nothing logged to default trace either.

      Maybe it's only a problem when doing mapping tests in ESR?

      Regards

      Helmut

  • Posted on Aug 16, 2016 at 08:01 AM

    Hi Helmut,

    Try starting/stopping the channel in RWB.

    Regards,

    Mark

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Aug 16, 2016 at 08:09 AM

    Hi Helmut,

    You should definitely try Mark's suggestion to restart the channel. When you restart that channel it should use the new user and clear the cache about its earlier setup. If not you should also check if the cache refreshes in your system are successful.

    Regards,
    Mate

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Aug 16, 2016 at 08:43 AM

    Hi all,

    I already did a full cache refresh, but this was not solving the problem. Usually, when you activate a change list, the channel is automatically restarted, but nevertheless, I followed the suggestion from Mark and stopped/started the channel from RWB, without success. I then went to http://server:port/nwa/start-stop --> Java Services --> XPI Service: AF Core and restarted that service. Not the nicested approach, but doable for a development system.

    Regards Helmut

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.