Hi, we are in a situation where we are migrating a portal consisting of several wdj-applications run inside a portal. We have stoped running the apps in the portal, and instead run them as stand-alone (with our own menu etc). We have a custom theme that needs to be kept.
<tldr>Cant force locale, users config in browsers override the settings</tldr>
The apps get lauched through a http://<server>:xxxxxx/webdynpro/resources/<Vendor>/<DC>/<WDApp>?sap-cssurl=http://<server>:xxxxxx/com.sap.portal.design.portaldesigndata/themes/portal/our-theme and its working fine for most of our users. However, some users have specified en_US as their language/locale rather then Swedish, which is the language this app is run in. The language itself isnt a problem (only login page reflects the language change), but date formating is incorrect.
I have tried the suggestions made here http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/947081 realized that prtDefault.properties thats talked about there doesnt exists, but changed that in Java System Properties as of here Lookup of Resource Bundle - Portal - SAP Library .
I have got the "old" version, still running inside of the portal to actually be forced into a language/locale, but when running standalone it will not change.
I have tried the &sap-locale= without success.
The users are ~40000 external users, and changing and setting all these in the SAP backend to swedish language is not an option.
As a side note, some people set Arabic as their language, and even though there is no translation, the texts gets changed to right-to-left, and there is no formating on the page. Looking at the error console on the browser there is a missing rl css-file which I think is causing this problem.
What am I missing here.
Running 7.30 SP13 .