Skip to Content

Cannot launch SAPGui from ABAP in Eclipse

Hi,

i'm facing the issue that i cannot launch the SAPGui from ABAP in Eclipse anymore. It worked in the past but i'm not quite sure when the feature broke. When i try to launch SAPGui via executing a report or directly via ALT+F8 this progress bar appears and vanishes after some time but nothing happens.

That are the entries in the ABAP Communication Log.

Maybe the problem is that my installation is not (yet) supported. But i'm quite sure that excactly the same combination worked already for some time.

SAPGui: 7.40 SP 09

Eclipse 4.6.0 (Neon)

ADT 2.60.3

The problem occurs with all our backend systems e.g. 7.40 SP13 or 7.31. SP05.

Does anyone know how I can solve this?

Thanks.

Regards Christian

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Sep 12, 2016 at 09:50 AM

    Hi Christian,

    SAP proposed a solution for the issue that is delivered by SAP note 2364898. The bottom line of the note is that the correction is delivered with a SAP GUI for Windows patch. This will probably be the PL11 that according to note 1053737 will be shipped in week 48 (28th November - 2nd of December 2016).

    There is no workaround available, so until then one has to live with the current issue (and run SAP GUI in parallel)

    BR

    Christian

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jul 13, 2016 at 07:28 AM

    Hi Christian,

    I have the problem, but I am using MARS.s (4.5.2). Since updating SAP Gui from Patchlevel 3 to 9 (as your installation) launching SAP Gui does not work. This might be the reason...

    Regards,

    Hartmut

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Another Update (hopefully the last one before I can post the note that resolves the issue):

      * The problem is still in process by SAP

      * The problem also occurs internally at SAP

      * The reason for the problem seems to be identified

      So let's keep our fingers crossed that it gets resolved soon as it is definitely annoying

  • Posted on Sep 14, 2016 at 09:05 PM

    Hi Christian,

    I had the some issue after upgrading to PL9.

    I came around the problem by removing the file SAPUILandscape.xml. (I moved it).

    After this my SAPLogon was empty and I manually re-entered the systems.

    This way I built up a fresh SAPUILandscape.xml and ecliipse was fine with it.

    Alternatively you could uninstall your SAPGui, re-install it and patch it to PL7 at maximum. (This I did before applying the work around above and it worked as well. However, I needed PL9)

    BR, Rainer

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.