Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Planning On Totals Not Working for Quantity Converted UoM?

Hello Experts,

We have an issue in which we are getting an error when we try to plan on totals rows that include a Key Figure which has quantity conversion to a new Unit of Measure. The situation is as follows:

We have built a planning template (input-ready query) on a direct-update DSO to do price and rate planning. Most of the Key Figures are set to no aggregation (NO2), with "Disaggregation Copy" set as the planning setting for planning on totals. In order to enable planning across different converted currencies and units of measure, we have included additional key figures to store the conversion factors since you can not plan on a converted KF. We then use calculated KFs and inverse formulas to allow users to plan in the desired currency and UoM, even though the actual plan data is being saved back in the original currency and UoM. For the most part, everything is working perfectly as expected.

However, we have an issue specifically with the UoM conversion factor on Totals rows. For certain material-specific UoM conversions, the conversion factors differ slightly per material, resulting in an 'X' displayed in the Totals row. When we try to plan on the totals, it gives the message: Element '{KF Name}' has internal value '0 (*)'.

We have tried setting the local calculation behavior to "Average of Detailed Values That Are Not Zero, Null", which displays the correct value in the totals row but does not resolve the inverse calculation error.

Is there any setting or approach that can be used to push the totals value calculation to the planning engine so it will pick up the average (or desired results calculation) for use in the inverse formula?

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions!

Tony

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Jun 07, 2016 at 09:16 PM

    Hi Tony - it would help if you could share your version of Analysis Office, BW, etc.

    Would this SAP Note apply? https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2237011/E

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Gregor Dieckmann

      Hi Gregor,

      Thank you very much for your response and clarification! Your suggestion resolved the issue and I was able to get it working as desired.

      Instead of setting up exception aggregation on my BEx formulas that utilized the operand, I set it up directly on the InfoObject for "Source UOM to Req" within BW. Once that setting was in place, I removed all exception aggregation within BEx and it worked as desired.

      Thanks again for your help and swift replies on this issue!

      Best Regards,

      Tony

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.