Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Error : Sorry, a technical error occurred! Please try again later

Hi,

I would like to create SAPUI5 / FIORI Application with OData , I need to Retrieve data from the Odata using SAPWebIDE.

Let us demonstrate step by step process :

  1. Create “SAP Fiori Worklist Application” , and choose service URL which I have already create Destination in HANA Account and I have got the status as Connection “Success”.

When I select OData (“Product”) , I got the Error as “Cannot parse the metadata file”.

2. And I have saved the OData data as XML file and after that I tried to retrieve the Data In “Data Connection” part under the “File System” I have browse the XML file , I have retrieved the data from OData.

3. Then in Template Customization part

Finally, I am trying to Run the application. And I got “sorry, a technical error occurred ! please try again later” Error.

I have clicked the “show details” then the below information is displayed,

{

"requestUri": "/here/goes/your/serviceurl/$metadata?sap-documentation=heading",

"statusCode": 404,

"statusText": "Not Found",

"headers": [],

"body": "<html><head><title>Error report</title></head><body><h1>HTTP Status 404 - Not Found</h1></body></html>"

}

Please help me to rectify this error.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

7 Answers

  • Posted on Aug 09, 2016 at 08:19 AM

    Hi,

    Just add "/destination/<name>" before the datasource uri, in the manifest.json file. For example if name of destination is ES4.

    Just add: /destinations/ES4/sap/opu/odata/IWBEP/GWSAMPLE_BASIC/

    It should solve issue.


    Thanks

    Gaurav

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jun 05, 2016 at 08:14 PM

    Hi Selvaraj,

    You have created an application in Web IDE using a metadata service file in your system.

    It could happen either if there is no proper destination in web ide or you have not entered correct OData Service URL in component.js/app descriptor file.

    Check if this could help you for destination: Troubleshooting SAP Web IDE Destination Issues

    Regards,

    Punith

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jun 06, 2016 at 06:14 AM

    Hello Selvaraj,

    Your system destination connection is successful , but did you try to load the metadata for the product in the browser.

    It seems like the metadata is not being loaded and hence you are getting the error.

    Also when you click on Service URL , first of all it will ask you to select for a system which is missing in your case.

    Kindly check it once again.

    Regards,

    Vikash

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Vikash,

      Thanks for your response and I have created Additional property in HANA Destination ,

      "WEBIDEAdditionalData = full_url"


      I have included the destination screenshot in previous post. i am using full_url in this project so, it will take the OData data directly from that.

      kindly find the screenshot for metadata.

  • Posted on Jun 06, 2016 at 06:26 AM

    Hi Former Member, can you please assist?

    I guess the full service isn't configured properly?

    If it doesn't work in the Service URL I guess it won't work in the preview.

    Thanks,
    Michal.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 06, 2016 at 06:49 AM

    Hi Selvaraj,


    • As for the error you get after using the metadata from the filesystem:

    In your project you need to add the real service url in the manifest.json file under sap.app.datasources (in case of full url I think the url configured should be just /product and should correlate to the path in the neo-app.json file).


    • As for the error when using the service URL option, could you also attach the network log of the response when trying to get the metadata of your service. Also if you run the url configured in the destination in your browser do you get the service definition or the metadata?

    Regards,

    Guy

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jul 30, 2016 at 12:25 AM

    Hi Selveraj,

    I had the same issue and was lucky enough to fix it by comparing the new project to a previously created project with an earlier version on Web IDE.

    As you can see in the attached screenshot, new version of WeIDE is failing to create “/destinations/<name_of_destination>” for the datasource uri, in the manifest.json file.

    See the 3rd difference indicated in the screenshot. Once I made that change my app worked fine.

    Hope this helps.

    Best,

    Mustafa.


    WebIDEerror.png (319.8 kB)
    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Aug 23, 2016 at 09:52 PM

    I'm trying to use Mock in my FLP deployed app and I'm getting the same problem. Is there a workaround we can use or have to have a real oData service to deploy it to FLP?

    Your help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Laeeq Siddique

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.