Just a heads-up on using PB 12.x with SAP's ASE DBMS where a Stored Procedure is used to either Insert or Update a LOB column (ie; IMAGE) in a given the ASE database using the PB native ASE client. The following is a test scenario I just did to prove that the PB DB Interface native driver (PBASE126.dll) is broken when trying to use this ASE feature added since ASE v15.5. My tests were using PB 12.6 build 4088 and ASE newest release 16.0 (can also produce on ASE 15.7).
1) Create a Table that has a LOB column, for example:
2) Create a Stored Procedure to Insert/Update the LOB table that accepts a LOB data type as input, as follows:
3) Call the SP from your PB 12.6 application, as follows:
4) Check the ASE DB table using TOAD (for example). You will see that only 1 byte of the Blob was passed.
5) A DB trace supports the above.
It looks like to me that the PBASE126.dll DB Client interface driver truncates the binary data stream prematurely!
My guess is that PB was never updated to properly support ASE SP based LOB arguments.
Regards ... Chris