Skip to Content
0

SAP Disclosure Management Server (DM) 10.1 SP6 installation failed

Feb 07, 2017 at 02:31 PM

73

avatar image

Dear colleagues,

I have problem with SAP DM Server installation:

Note 2365027 is not working in this case.

P.S.: Screenshot from SP6 installation, but SP8 have the same issue. Seems like german letter in the column name.

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

3 Answers

Best Answer
Alexey Petrov Feb 08, 2017 at 04:17 PM
0

But it's not the end of story - next patch, SP7, have sql scripts with different behavior - one of them waiting for ..Präfix, another - for Prдfix. )

I found another workaround:

Control Panel-> Clock, Language, and Region -> Region and Language -> Additional

Then under "Language for non-Unicode programs" check system locale.

If it's national one - push "Change system locale" and change it to English(USA).


It's possible now to use any SP for installation/upgrade of SAP DM.
Marc, thank you again for pushing my thoughts in the right way.

Regards, Alex
Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Marc Kuipers
Feb 07, 2017 at 06:35 PM
1

Hi Alexy

Can you check in the DB, what the name of the column is in table Report.Reports

The name is EntityPräfix and the collation of this column is Latin1_General_CI_AS

I think what may happen is this. In the upgrade script there will be a reference to this column

"select EntityPräfix from report.reports" (or some other SQL statement), but this char "ä" (HTML code & #228 ; ) gets transformed to another character because

1) Your OS (app. server) runs in another language? I assume this is Russian (имя столбца = column name)?

2) Your DB server runs in this language?

3) The OS of the DB server runs in this language?

Not sure what an easy option is here. I just tested (all OS etc. in English) it and there are no errors. I suggest to open a OSS message with SAP, so that we can provide the update scripts and they can be manually adjusted and run.

Marc


prefix.jpg (85.5 kB)
Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Alexey Petrov Feb 08, 2017 at 02:10 PM
0

Hi Marc,


you are right: yesterday I found this EntityPrAfix ( German roots of the software. :)) column in Reports table and seems that it's included in sql script inside the patch msi-file since SP6_0.

And yes, we are using russian OS/DB.

But I find some fast workaround - just changed the ä to д (228 in win-1251 encoding) and the patch goes without any error.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Alex


yx1l4.png (9.3 kB)
Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded