Skip to Content

Error max no of 100 conversations exceeded

Hi Team ,

Environment

BI 4.1 SP6 (Distributed environment on VM-Wares , 2 Application servers and 2 Tomcat servers)

BW 7.4

We got an error saying "Error max no of 100 conversations exceeded" in Webi built on .UNV .

PFA.

As error says ,we thought issue is with BW connections and followed below thread to change BW settings .

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAPConn/ERROR++max+no+of+100+conversations+exceeded

In BW , max connections is set to 500 .

In SMGW t-code we observed there are nearly 100 connections running under BOBJ systems service account (service account is different from the user used in SAP authentication tab) .I believe service account is used to generate keystore and certificate .


we have deleted all the connections running with BOBJ service account and refreshed report , it was still giving same error.

After some research from logs we restarted Connection server 32 ,which made reports refreshing .


at first place why so many connections created under service account ?

Do we need to restart connection servers after deleting the connections ?

I would assume ,connection server is the one causing the issue and the webi error message just misleading us to look at BW end.


In this case , we are curious to know what could be the issue and what made the resolution ?


Thank you.

Error .PNG (99.8 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Apr 06, 2016 at 02:12 AM

    Hi Sathish,

    Did you also add the parameter to you APS command line?

    https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F64653D3030312669765F7361…

    1. I'm not sure what is causing this behavior in your environment.
    2. No, not required
    3. Possibly. But, please give a try to the above step and let me know how it goes.

    Now, I'm curious to know what was the change that was made recently to your environment that might possible cause the issue? Are you facing this issue after updating to SP6? Is it sporadic or persistent?

    Thanks and regards,

    Naras

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Narashimman K S Sateesh Kumar Bukkisham

      Hi Sathish,

      Sorry for the delayed response. In your scenario, DSL bridge is the culprit and I'm pretty confident that adding the parameter to command line would resolve your issue. If not, please raise a ticket with SAP Support who can see what is happening in your case as you may end up spending too much time with trail and error approach.

      If you have split your APS then you need to add this parameter to the server that has the DSL bridge service. In case of multiple DSL bridges/services, you need to make change to each of the servers.

      Hope this helps.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 06, 2016 at 10:07 AM

    Hello Sathish,

    Make sure you have a separate APS hosting the DSL Bridge service + the Secure Token Service.

    Remove these two services from any other APS.

    Now in the command line for this APS add the switch stated in 2034209 (Without the {}).

    Restart this server.

    Check the behavior now.

    Regards,

    Vaidehi

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded