Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Operation Map throws class not found error after switching to use DAE adapters.

I have an interface that was working fine on our dev Central Adapter Engine ... I then switch the communication channels to use the dev DAE (distributed adapter engine) and now I get an error about a message map class not found ... here is the error.

I have performed the following without any improvement:

* requested a full cache reset

* rebooted both PI servers (internal server and externally facing runtime server)

* rebuilt the Integrated Configuration from scratch.

* changed the name of the message map (via new copy) to not include the word XML (just a thought) so I changed it to addNodeTag instead of addXMLTag.

* FYI - translation of the German in the message: could not be found in the following software component versions: b5ed0aa0-f42e-11e2-9793-efdd0ae83140

As far as I know I am not required to move anything to the DAE server as it should be all automatic. It obviously sees my new message map without doing any special procedure. What am I missing? Note, this is my first attempt at adding a DAE interface.

Should I rebuild the message map from scratch? Could it be corrupt? Tips on debugging this? Many thanks for your help.

error.jpg (92.6 kB)
Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Apr 03, 2016 at 04:18 AM

    Hi Dan,

    The reason for above error is the operation mapping object is not there in the CPA Cache of decentral adapter engine, when you activate the object it suppose to automatically update the DAE CPA cache also.

    Is de-central adapter engine registered in SLD with same domain of central adapter engine? can you able to see DAE in the drop down list of adapter engine parameter in the channel configuration. If you can able to see then check is the cache is green for DAE instance in the repository and directory cache notifications.

    When you activate the change in the repository the notification will send to directory, directory will fetch the object and update the cache in all adapter engines resisted in the same domain, i think there is connectivity problem between directory and DAE, you can find these errors in cache notification tables in the repository and directory.



    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hello Praveen,

      First of all, thanks for your response.

      I don't have access to the SLD so I need to find someone else to look at that.

      I am able to look at the Repository (Cache Status Overview screen , right?) I see no errors in the last month for that ... all green.

      As far as the channel configuration .. in the Adapter Engine drop-down I see "Central Adapter Engine" and what appears to be a server name "af.had.namehere".

      thanks again.

  • Posted on Apr 05, 2016 at 04:33 AM

    What version of PI and De-Central Adapter engine are you on?

    The below note might be of interest if the your Central instance is on PI 7.31 and DAE is on PI 7.3

    Additionally notes: might also be of interest.

    As the error on the SLD is not shown this might be good places to look as well.



    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Praveen Gandepalli

      ok, we are getting close now ... I see that = PIISHID so we have the correct account that is question ... so now I think we need to reset that password in Identity Management and then re-install the password ... maybe it never was entered correctly.

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.